Friday, November 22, 2013

Disney Cards & More!

It's time to get the ball rolling on this blog!  I've been busy making cards, some with 3-D aspects, some just good 'ol fashioned digital painting (haha).  Figured it was time to share them!

This first card was for a baby shower/garden tea party.  All she asked for was for it to be filled with different shades of pink!  So I thought I would give it an "Alice in Wonderland" kind of feel yet keep it doused in pink.  So it became a Happy Unbirthday for their soon to be expected baby girl, equipped with all the tea pots and tea time amenities you'll ever need!

disney's alice in wonderland tea party card




Here is the actual card minus their personal info!

alice in wonderland tea party watercolor





Next up ... another baby shower card!  For this baby boy's card I wanted to give his family a piece of my favorite scene in Disney's "Dumbo". 


This image is actually 3 separate layers, the back circle, dumbo/tub, and bubbles.  He also has clear reflective water droplets on his cheeks but they aren't showing up in these photos.



disney dumbo

disney dumbo


And a lil closer ...



disney dumbo card



I absolutely love this card . . . I think I might make it again just so I can have one!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~


And yet ANOTHER baby shower card!  This time for a baby girl in October, so I decided to give her family a blustery day with Disney's "Winnie the Pooh".  The leaves on this card are separately attached to give it some dimension.

disney winnie the pooh and the blustery day



~~~~~~~~~~


And now for a card that ISN'T for a baby shower, but a WEDDING!  I wanted to give them a lil romantic card so I put them on a swing, perched like two little love birds






~~~~~~~~~~
And last but not least... a Birthday card!  I always want Birthday cards to be light and whimsical, so why not a sea horse blowing out the candle on his bubble cake!

seahorse watercolor birthday card
sea horse watercolor card



Now to get to work on some new stuff...  I'm thinking about a couple little paintings of my Adventures in Domestic Life!  Cause so far it has been hilarious to say the least ...

Til next post... Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment